- #: 233065
- Price: $3.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 2008-10-15
- Current Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 0.50 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nuno Pereira
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.0 or later
- © 2008 Silicon Studios
Add to Favorite apps
This app is compatible with iPhone OS 3.0,we are just waiting for the certified OS 3.0 updates approvalUse your iPhone or iPod touch to control any application in your mac !PowerKeys is an amazingly useful key shortcuts managerHave you ever got tired…..
Rated 4/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Fantastic for Logic Users and Laptop Owners
Paul Davis write:
This app is fantastic for me when using Logic. I have mapped the most commonly used commands to PowerKeys so I can stop, play, record and others with one convenient touch, or when I am not right next to the computer (I am doing mainly solo recording). Whenever the site has a place to share key layouts, I will be sure to post this setup.
This is also great for "adding" a numeric keypad to my MacBook Pro for using Excel and the calculator.
All that said, there are still a few bugs, but I am confident that this app will really start to take off pretty soon.
Needs work on a number of fronts
Chris Newton write:
1. When creating a 1x1 row (one button) the only button available is the 'CONFIG' button. So... a 1x1 row is useless. The author needs to create another method of setting the config. Maybe a small icon in a corner or something like that, making it the right and topmost button is not a configuration that I find useful.
2. The interface does not spin to match your screen orientation. If I turn the iPhone upside down, the buttons are upside down. There is no way for me to map the buttons upside down either to force them to an alternate position.
3. There is no portrait mode. If you put your iPhone in the dock, your buttons will be shown sideways.
4. The color choices are limited and very poor. They do not look modern or savvy at all. If you think of awful 'web safe' colors, and reduce the number of choices down to about 16 of the most brilliantly vivid colors, that's what you have to work with. As a designer, it's an embarrassment to see those colors sitting on my desktop.
5. The text colors are limited and not elegant either
6. The interface for adding buttons is clunky.
7. "Square" is the only button shape available.
For what it does, it's fine, but it's not 'good,' just barely good enough. It doesn't have the polish you'd expect from an iPhone or Mac application, which is a shame because the concept has a lot of potential. Silicon Studios, I will gladly design a new clean interface for you, if you'd use it. I want this nice little product to be awesome, but it isn't there yet.
I've given this product two stars, because, while it works, it doesn't really fulfill its promise. It is not an overly useful interface to your computer due to the problems I mentioned above, and is not as easy as it should be to position (you can only use it sideways, button side down)
I was going to write this... and you beat me to it. Sigh. Well, at least I have it now... and it's great! thanks!
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes